Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Monday, 16 May 2016
Ocean Acidification Creates Killer Seas of Extinction
We should be very clear. There is no way to save the beautiful and majestic coral reefs of our world without a rapid cessation of fossil fuel burning. And, if we continue burning fossil fuels, we will not only lose the reefs and corals — we will also turn the world’s oceans into a mass extinction engine.
(Masses of dead sea life wash up onto Chile’s shores after the worst red tide in history for that nation. As we witness the tragic carnage in Chile, we should remember that the red tide there, the mass coral bleaching in the Great Barrier Reef of Australia, and the onset of ocean acidification damage to the Florida Reef are all linked by the same thread — fossil fuel burning and a related heating up of the global climate. Image source: Largest Red Tide in Chilean History.)
- Today's ENERGY News -May 25, 2015
- Unbelievable Wildfires Torment #Russia
- Today's ENERGY News - May 24, 2016
- Earthlings: "Our Planet's Poles Are Shifting"
- Today's ENERGY News - May 23, 2016
- EYE on the World - A World of Troubles
- NOT GOOD: Global Heat Wave Hits Fourth Record -Bre...
- Today's ENERGY News - 20 May 2016
- Scientists Fear Unprecedented Mangrove Dieback
- Today's ENERGY News - 19 May 2016
- Yemen: Another Country Facing Starvation
- Today's ENERGY News - 18 May 2016
- "Where Have All the Bees Gone?"
- Today's ENERGY News - 17 May 2016
- Ocean Acidification Creates Killer Seas of Extinct...
- Today's ENERGY News - 16 May 2016
- Spring 2016 - What's Going-on in #Egypt?
- Today's ENERGY News - 6 May 2016
- Cheaper Solar Adds to Coal's End Game
- Today's ENERGY News - 5 May 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 4 May 2016
- Historic Wildfires Siege 70,000 Fort McMurray Resi...
- Jet Stream Dominoes of #Melting Ice
- Today's ENERGY News - 3 May 2016
- The Most Important Report Ever - Human Extinction'...
- Peak Oil Today - 2 May 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - May 2 2016
- Climate Change Threat to Food System
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2015 (19)