Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Sunday, 24 April 2016
EYE on the World - 23 April 2016
'The scope of the problem we are facing. . . is massive and it requires a multistate effort,' said New York Attorney General Schneiderman.
ExxonMobil has now received separate subpoenas from both the New York and U.S. Virgin Islands U.S. Attorneys' Offices. The Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) and DCI Group have also been subpoenaed by the U.S. Virgin Islands for records relating to their role in helping ExxonMobil with climate change denial.
Seventeen state attorneys general—calling themselves "AGs United for Clean Power"—held a press conference on March 29, announcing increased collaboration between the states in investigating the opposition to tackling climate change.
The flow of weapons to Saudi Arabia over the past year has "facilitated appalling crimes," according to leading international human rights groups, which argue that the United States and other western nations are thus complicit in the killing of thousands of Yemeni civilians.
Oil tumbled by the most in two months after output talks Sunday between the world’s biggest producers ended without any agreement on limiting supplies, a diplomatic failure that threatens to renew the rout in prices.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc.'s profit slumped for the fourth straight quarter as market volatility hit the company's bond trading and investment banking businesses.
Goldman - the last of the big U.S. banks to release first-quarter results - reported a 56.3 percent fall in net income applicable to common shareholders to $1.2 billion, or $2.68 per share, for the three months ended March 31.
Educating women improves the welfare of families as they become empowered to contribute to the financial success of their household—which in turn creates more opportunities and resources available for their children.
For thousands of years women have been defined only in correlation to their relationship to men. They have been kept hidden, prohibited from speaking, forced into submission and treated as the “unclean” gender whose existence is that of mental and physical servitude to her human counterpart. Why has so much emphasis been placed upon the mind and actions of women? What does organized religion fear about the mind of an educated and logically-thinking woman?
To subscribe or unsubscribe
us at "VIP Members' Subscriptions"
Reaching over "650,000 readers "globally, with partners and private communities in Zurich, New York, London, Moscow, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Toronto and Beverly Hills, California
"Stories Going Beyond the Mainstream"
- #England Mourns Passing of Golden Eagle
- EYE on the World - 30 April 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 29 April 2016
- The Nuclear Taboo - Rethinking Armageddon
- Today's ENERGY News - 28 April 2016
- Climate Change Dramatically Affects Africa
- Today's ENERGY News - 27 April 2016
- Believe it or Not; #India Cooks at Unbelievable 45...
- Today's ENERGY News - 26 April 2016
- Just Awful: "Beautiful Cambodian Tigers Functional...
- Peak Oil Today - 25 April 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 25 April 2016
- Goldman Sachs Pegs $20-40 as New #Oil Order Range
- EYE on the World - 23 April 2016
- More Woes for Schlumberger
- Education of Women Key To Advancing Human Conditio...
- Today's ENERGY News - 22 April 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 21 April 2016
- Harvard Study: Now Methane Causes Worse Impact on ...
- Today's ENERGY News - 20 April 2016
- Invisible Hand Defeated OPEC Cartel?
- Today's ENERGY News - 19 April 2016
- Peak Oil Today - 18 April 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 18 April 2016
- Oil Slides as Hope Fades for Doha Agreement
- At Last OPEC No Longer Drives the Bus
- EYE on the World - 15 April 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - April 15, 2015
- Traders Look for Lower Oil Prices
- Today's ENERGY News - April 14, 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - April 13, 2016
- BULLS Lead BIG Charge in #Crude
- Today's ENERGY News - April 12, 2016
- Peak Oil Today - April 11, 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - April 11, 2016
- #OMG Oil Tankers Cause Traffic Jam Near Iraq
- EIA Data Bullish Oil Prices Rise
- EYE on the World - Streetcars With Many Names
- Today's ENERGY News - April 8, 2016
- ALERT: Natural Gas Prices Positioned for Huge Jump...
- Today's ENERGY News - April 7, 2016
- Real Estate #Calgary Prices in Tailspin
- Today's ENERGY News - April 6, 2016
- Coal Prices Slump with Asian Demand
- Today's ENERGY News - April 5, 2016
- Electric Cars Leading the Conversion
- Peak Oil Today - April 4, 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - April 4, 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - April 1, 2016
- EYE on the World - Our Hometowns
- ▼ April (50)
- ► 2015 (19)