Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Thursday, 7 April 2016
Today's ENERGY News - April 7, 2016
Oil’s volatile start to 2016 has continued with prices falling back below $40 as the second quarter begins. The following could determine crude’s next move. Less than two weeks until a key meeting of Opec members and other large producers, the outcome is very much in doubt. Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia said last week that theOpec kingpin will agree to a hold output only if joined by Iran, something that seems unlikely given Tehran has vowed to lift exports as it emerges from years of sanctions. Before those comments Opec delegates indicated Saudi Arabia would be prepared to allow Iran some leeway despite the fierce rivalry between the two Middle Eastern powers. While such views supersede those of the oil ministry, it is possible his message falls short of an edict, and may be partially aimed at a domestic audience used to tough talk against Iran. Equally the comments may be a pre-meeting bargaining chip to extract more concessions from Iran such as capping how much the country raises output before joining the freeze.
America’s trade deficit widened in February to a six-month high as an increase in imports exceeded a more modest pickup in shipments overseas. The gap increased 2.6 percent to $47.1 billion from a revised $45.9 billion in January, the Commerce Department reported Tuesday. The median forecast in a Bloomberg survey called for a $46.2 billion February shortfall. The gain in exports was just the first in five months and highlights the squeeze on American manufacturers from a stronger dollar that’s made U.S.-made goods less attractive in a weaker global marketplace. A third straight increase in the deficit indicates trade will weigh on first-quarter growth. “American economic demand is stronger than abroad,” said David Sloan, senior economist at 4Cast Inc. in New York. Still-weak overseas growth in the months to come will mean a “slow and steady gradual increase in the deficit, which will be a modest drag on growth […]
- #England Mourns Passing of Golden Eagle
- EYE on the World - 30 April 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 29 April 2016
- The Nuclear Taboo - Rethinking Armageddon
- Today's ENERGY News - 28 April 2016
- Climate Change Dramatically Affects Africa
- Today's ENERGY News - 27 April 2016
- Believe it or Not; #India Cooks at Unbelievable 45...
- Today's ENERGY News - 26 April 2016
- Just Awful: "Beautiful Cambodian Tigers Functional...
- Peak Oil Today - 25 April 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 25 April 2016
- Goldman Sachs Pegs $20-40 as New #Oil Order Range
- EYE on the World - 23 April 2016
- More Woes for Schlumberger
- Education of Women Key To Advancing Human Conditio...
- Today's ENERGY News - 22 April 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 21 April 2016
- Harvard Study: Now Methane Causes Worse Impact on ...
- Today's ENERGY News - 20 April 2016
- Invisible Hand Defeated OPEC Cartel?
- Today's ENERGY News - 19 April 2016
- Peak Oil Today - 18 April 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 18 April 2016
- Oil Slides as Hope Fades for Doha Agreement
- At Last OPEC No Longer Drives the Bus
- EYE on the World - 15 April 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - April 15, 2015
- Traders Look for Lower Oil Prices
- Today's ENERGY News - April 14, 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - April 13, 2016
- BULLS Lead BIG Charge in #Crude
- Today's ENERGY News - April 12, 2016
- Peak Oil Today - April 11, 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - April 11, 2016
- #OMG Oil Tankers Cause Traffic Jam Near Iraq
- EIA Data Bullish Oil Prices Rise
- EYE on the World - Streetcars With Many Names
- Today's ENERGY News - April 8, 2016
- ALERT: Natural Gas Prices Positioned for Huge Jump...
- Today's ENERGY News - April 7, 2016
- Real Estate #Calgary Prices in Tailspin
- Today's ENERGY News - April 6, 2016
- Coal Prices Slump with Asian Demand
- Today's ENERGY News - April 5, 2016
- Electric Cars Leading the Conversion
- Peak Oil Today - April 4, 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - April 4, 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - April 1, 2016
- EYE on the World - Our Hometowns
- ▼ April (50)
- ► 2015 (19)