Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Wednesday, 20 July 2016
Today's ENERGY News - 20 July 2016
Donald Trump’s idea to build a wall along the southern border of the U.S. has been called everything from controversial to harebrained, but—to the likely dismay of some of the oil majors—it’s now officially part of the Republican Party’s platform. As it turns out, the idea has been on the GOP table for a while, and Trump was just the man to voice it loudly and persistently enough. Trump’s wall is on the agenda, should he become president. A wall stopping people and vehicles from illegally crossing into the U.S. may appear to be a simple and effective solution to illegal immigration, but it sure won’t sound so good to Marathon Oil, Anadarko Petroleum, Exxon, Chevron, Kinder Morgan and their peers. The reason: since Mexico liberalized its energy market back in 2014, it has become an attractive investment destination for U.S. energy companies. E&Ps are bidding for oil and […]
Tanker traffic and pipeline flows are normal: Energy Ministry Thousands of army officers, judges snared in wave of arrests Brent crude held below the highs reached following a failed coup in Turkey last week as shipments continued through the vital conduit for oil from Russia and Iraq to the Mediterranean Sea. Futures were little changed in London, below levels touched on Friday as the coup raised concern about potential disruptions. Oil tankers are loading and unloading cargoes at Turkey’s ports and supplies are arriving in ships and pipelines from neighboring countries, an Energy Ministry official said Sunday, declining to be identified in line with ministry rules regarding comments to news media. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan ordered reprisals for the failed attempt to oust him. Turkey Oil Infrastructure Turkey oil, natural gas pipelines, refineries and storage tanks “There are obviously concerns about the situation,” Ric Spooner, a chief market strategist […]
Falling oil output, higher refining may support crude imports Coal imports may continue to rise to fill gap in supply China’s appetite for foreign energy is as strong as ever. Growing demand from oil refiners and the continued filling of strategic crude reserves in the face of domestic production declines will support crude buying by the world’s second-largest consumer, according to analysts from Energy Aspects Ltd. and ICIS China. Coal imports will continue to rise to help fill a supply gap left by a mining slowdown. “Crude buying will remain substantial in the second half” of the year, Michal Meidan, an analyst at Energy Aspects, said by e-mail. “This is because domestic output is declining and there will also be SPR fills of around 50 million to 60 million barrels.” Demand from the world’s largest energy consumer is a bright spot for energy markets hammered by oversupply. Oil has […]
For all the talk that Brexit would spell the end to the EU drive for energy market liberalization, the European Commission seems to have no intention to halt its ambition to complete the internal energy market. And especially in West and Northwest Europe, success is already within reach. As a report by the International Gas Union (IGU) showed in early May, 92 percent of all natural gas prices are now determined on spot-based hubs, up from just 27 percent back in 2005. Overall at the end of 2015, gas-on-gas competition is now the name of the game in most parts of Europe where spot trading makes up 64 percent of all natural gas exchanges, a 49 percentage point increase from a decade ago. Oil-indexed prices are becoming more and more outdated as a global gas glut has transformed Europe into a buyer’s market, in which abundant liquidity and a […]
The logo of Exxon Mobil Corporation is shown on a monitor above the floor of the New York Stock Exchange in New York, December 30, 2015. ExxonMobil Corp has made a bid worth at least $2.2 billion for Papua New Guinea-focused InterOil Corp ( IOC.N ), winning the support of InterOil and topping an offer from Oil Search Ltd ( OSH.AX ), Oil Search said on Monday. ExxonMobil’s move pits it against French giant Total SA (TOTF.PA ), which is backing Oil Search’s offer with an agreement to buy part of InterOil’s stake in the potentially lucrative Elk-Antelope gas field. Oil Search has at least until July 21 to submit a revised offer and said it was talking to Total about making a higher bid. “The parties are in active dialogue and have the flexibility to submit a revised offer either during the three day notice period or […]
- "Earthlings, Half Your Planet's Biodiversity Now U...
- Today's ENERGY News - 29 July 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 28 July 2016
- Massive Methane Releases In Siberian Tundra
- Today's ENERGY News - 27 July 2016
- Blazing ALL-TIME Record 129F Degrees Heat Hits Mid...
- Today's ENERGY News - 26 July 2016
- Good #News: At Least Frogs Better Able To Survive ...
- Today's ENERGY News - 25 July 2016
- Blistering Heat Brings Wildfires And Evacuations T...
- Top Nuclear Physicist's - "Dream of Peace" (Part 1...
- EYE on the World - "Between The Devil And Deep Blu...
- Could Salt Water Generate A Viable Energy Source?
- OCEANS May Hold Energy Future In Large Hydrogen Ga...
- Today's ENERGY News - 22 July 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 21 July 2016
- No Foreseeable End To Fossil Fuels Consumption - A...
- Today's ENERGY News - 20 July 2016
- Global Temperatures Are on Course for Another Reco...
- $50 Oil Could Cause Economic Collapse
- Today's ENERGY News - 19 July 2016
- Scientists Seriously Alarmed Over Cloud Study Repo...
- Today's ENERGY News - July 18 2016
- EYE on the World - Destiny's Key Unfolding Mega T...
- BIG Bugs Are Coming As Agriculture Goes On Alert
- Today's ENERGY News - 15 July 2016
- Arctic Ice Melts; Alaska Bakes In Record Heat
- Today's ENERGY News - 14 July 2016
- China Is Destroying Ocean Life In South China Sea
- EYE on the World - Unbridled Overpopulation
- Today's ENERGY News - 13 July 2016
- Venezuela: A Microcosm Of Imminent Food Crisis And...
- Clean Coal - Who Are You Kidding?
- Today's ENERGY News - 12 July 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 11 July 2016
- "Climate Change" Crossed The Rubicon
- Local Consumption Impacts Foreign Environments
- Today's ENERGY News - 8 July 2016
- Oil Spills Making Amazon Water Sources Deadly
- Today's ENERGY News - 7 July 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 6 July 2016
- Our Children Endangered By Fossil Fuel Combustion
- Overpopulation: Root Cause Behind All Global Crisi...
- Today's ENERGY News - 5 July 2016
- Resource Exhaustion Means Global Population Unsust...
- Today's ENERGY News - 4 July 2016
- ▼ July (46)
- ► 2015 (19)