Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Monday, 1 August 2016
Today's ENERGY News - 1 August 2016
Speculators add record number of bearish WTI crude wagers Crude, gasoline supply at highest seasonal level in decades Money managers have never been more certain that oil prices will drop. They increased bets on falling crude by the most ever as stockpiles climbed to the highest seasonal levels in at least two decades, nudging prices toward a bear market. The excess supply hammered the second-quarter earnings of Exxon Mobil Corp. and Chevron Corp. Inventories are near the 97-year high reached in April as oil drillers boosted rigs for a fifth consecutive week. “The rise in supplies will add more downward pressure,” said Michael Corcelli, chief investment officer at Alexander Alternative Capital LLC, a Miami-based hedge fund. “It will be a long time before we can drain the excess.” Hedge funds pushed up their short position in West Texas Intermediate crude by 38,897 futures and options combined during the week […]
Oil prices are down roughly 20 percent from their high watermark for the year, reached in June, and the next steps could be dicey as a bear market forms. Crude inventories saw a surprise uptick last week, and gasoline stocks rose for the fifth time in six weeks. Sentiment has become bearish, and speculators have stepped up their short bets and sold off their net-long positions, signs that oil traders think oil has more room to fall. Oil prices are now at their lowest level in three months, and once again the month of July has been a huge disappointment for oil producers, many of whom had assumed that the rebound was underway. What is next for oil? Elevated inventories will take some time to be worked through, and oil production continues to exceed demand, although the magnitude of that surplus is up for debate. Goldman Sachs sees the […]
Kurdish military leaders confirmed to Arab media the Islamic State terror group was responsible for attacks on oil and gas installations in northern Iraq. Suicide bombers with the group calling itself the Islamic State attacked the Bai Hassan oil field, one of the largest in the region, leaving one person dead Sunday. Terrorists in a separate incident stormed the nearby AB2 gas compression station, leaving at least four people dead. “The Islamic State terror group struck the AB2 gas compressor station and were able to break in, leaving four employees dead,” Kamal Kirkuki, a commander with the Kurdish military forced called Peshmerga, told Asharq al-Awsat . “One police officer was also wounded.” The region is plagued by violence […]
Arab Light crude to Asia cut by $1.30 to $1.10 discount Extra Light, Light pricing for U.S. clients also reduced Saudi Aramco, the world’s largest oil exporter, lowered the pricing terms for Arab Light sold to Asia by the most in 10 months as refineries grapple with falling margins and oversupply. State-owned Saudi Arabian Oil Co. said Sunday it will sell cargoes of Arab Light in September at $1.10 a barrel below Asia’s regional benchmark. That is a pricing cut of $1.30 from August, the biggest drop since November, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The company was expected to lower the pricing by $1 a barrel, according to the median estimate in a Bloomberg survey of eight refiners and traders. Close all those tabs. Open this email. Get Bloomberg’s daily newsletter. Politics The latest political news, analysis, charts, and dispatches from the campaign trail. You will now receive
DBS exposed to liquidation of oil-services firm Swiber Moody’s says energy lending is 5.3 percent of Singapore loans The plunge in oil prices is catching up with Singapore’s three largest banks. On Thursday, Swiber Holdings Ltd., a small Singapore company that provides construction services for international oil and gas projects, said it filed a petition to liquidate its operations, after facing payment demands from creditors at a time when its business was under pressure. DBS Group Holdings Ltd., one of the largest lenders to Swiber, said it only expects to recover about half of the S$700 million ($518 million) it loaned to the firm and its units. DBS and Singapore’s two other large banks, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp. and United Overseas Bank Ltd., are exposed to the downturn in the energy sector as a result of their lending to local companies which provide construction, shipping and maintenance services to the […]
- Chile Solar Electricity Cheapest Of All
- Today's ENERGY News - 31 August 2016
- Climate Causing Thousands Of Yellowstone Fish To G...
- Today's ENERGY News - 30 August 2016
- EYE on the World - Global Physics: An Unsustainabl...
- Angry Scientists Demand Climate Action
- Today's ENERGY News - 29 August 2016
- We Are Running Out of Natural Resources - Now What...
- Today's ENERGY News - 19 August 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 18 August 2016
- Alaskans Shocked By Front-line Climate Change Outc...
- Today's ENERGY News - 17 August 2016
- Zombie Carbon Destroys Climate Change Metrics
- Today's ENERGY News - 16 August 2016
- Scotland On Path To Completely Ditching Fossil Fue...
- Today's ENERGY News - 15 August 2016
- NASA Confirms July Set All Time Record Hot Tempera...
- EYE on the World - Old Chinese Curse...
- Today's ENERGY News - 12 August 2016
- Climate Terrors Add To Growing Migrant Crisis
- El Niño Has Crossed The Rubicon - " Veni,vidi, vic...
- Today's ENERGY News - 11 August 2016
- Overpopulation Setting Stage For Humanity's Final ...
- Today's ENERGY News - 10 August 2016
- Catholic Popes Should Not Throw Stones From A Glas...
- Today's ENERGY News - 9 August 2016
- EYE on the World - Climate Encounters of a Third K...
- Today's ENERGY News - 8 August 2016
- Ocean Acidification And Temperature Seriously Affe...
- Earth In Midst Of Massive Permian-Type Climate Cri...
- Today's ENERGY News - 5 August 2016
- First Big Climate Waves Set For #Norfolk VA
- Today's ENERGY News - 4 August 2016
- Clouds Over Poles To Trigger Food And Water Shocks...
- Today's ENERGY News - 3 August 2016
- Venezuela's Desperate People Facing Famine's Horse...
- Today's ENERGY News - 2 August 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - 1 August 2016
- Scientists Caught Off Guard By Scorching Global He...
- ▼ August (39)
- ► 2015 (19)